Ankle mobilizations are crucial during rehab for several reasons:
1. Improved Range of Motion: They help restore and increase the range of motion in the ankle, especially after an injury which might have caused stiffness or restricted movement.
2. Pain Reduction: Mobilizations can alleviate pain by loosening tight structures and reducing joint compression.
3. Enhanced Healing: By improving blood flow to the affected area, ankle mobilizations can promote faster healing of tissues.
4. Functional Recovery: They are important for regaining normal ankle function, which is essential for everyday activities and athletic performance.
5. Prevention of Future Injuries: By strengthening and stabilizing the ankle joint, mobilizations can help prevent future injuries.
Overall, ankle mobilizations are a key component of rehabilitation, contributing to a more complete and efficient recovery process.
As chiropractors specializing in sports injury and active rehab we are happy to share some clinical pearls about doing exercise with "rehab form" and with injury prevention in mind.